Friday, October 11, 2013

transcption of a phone call at the end of a poem about coffee and the end of smmer

I am poison
I am filled with poison
no,  just coffee to much coffee
and lots of late nights
the summer is almost at an end
and I can not stand the thought
of it
 the change in the air
the dry coolness that will mean another year has
passed 
weather purgatory will set in
 I will see the mainland much clearer
 I am empty right now
 
 the profound fulfillment of keyboarding
I love to go like this
 
the feel of the keyboard 
C.S.R recording phone conversations
'I have an odd request"
'Ok"
"I need three rooms on September 6th"
"That will be tough, most hotels have a
two night minimum"
"I know"
"Try the hotel Macrae"
"My mom is to old"
"Try the pavilion dial 310 510 2000
that is their corporate head quarters
when the recording comes on to tell you that
they are closed push 2339 it should connect you"
'Thank You"
"My pleasure"
connect you connect you
I want to feel connected
to you 
if  just for
a second can you hear me typing as we are speaking?
no, you are talking to some one else in the room on your end
the sound of your voice makes me think of air conditioners  and townhouses by the 405 freeway
and easy chairs and dim lights and oxygen tanks and I am glad I am not you
 

No comments:

Post a Comment