Sunday, October 27, 2013

Franz Kafka Real estate agent

I was looking up Franz Kafka this website popped up. When I clicked on the site it sent me to a real estate agency selling condo's/ homes in  Miami. I looked at the site hoping to find a picture of a real estate agent named Franz Kafka, but there is none. I looked for the name anywhere on the site. I left the site and typed in 'Franz Kafka Real estate" I cut and pasted what came up below........

Miami Downtown Condos - Kafka-franz.com

www.kafka-franz.com/miami-downtown-condos.htm

by Daniel Hornek
Downtown Miami condos and the real estate market is an alternative to the most upscale cities in the world, Miami Downtown is located only minutes away from ...

 
Very strange!
 
 
Naturally, I picture Franz Kafka selling condo's in south Miami.
I picture him in black and white because I have only seen black and white photos of him.
This would contrast with the sunny bathing suite life style of South Miami
 
I try to imagine him "selling" me on the community
enumerating the many fine features of the condo
standing in an empty kitchen with a little folder making
a limp handed gesture towards the den, the eat in kitchen.
Reaching in the little folder to hand me warranty paper work
on the kitchen appliances. Calculating mortgage payments.
 
Oh my gosh look at Franz Kafka doing math!!!!!
 
Would he, could he refer to the condo as a burrow?
"I have re-financed this burrow and it seems to
be successful"
 
Now that would sell me.
 
Franz Kafka's signature.svgBut, even in my imagination I have no money, that's how poor I am.
So I would  say.....
"Oh Franz, I don't have any money for a condo, I don't have money for rent. I am just so in love with you I had to come here and see you trying to sell condo's, how is your laryngeal tuberculosis? I thought it killed in in 1924. Are you back from the dead, have you been dead very long? How was being dead?"
Than I would probably through myself at him and he would reject  me.
Or maybe not!
I cant even deal with thinking about that.
 
Oh Franz Kafka, you German  real estate modernist you!
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. An imagination that knows no bounds! Turning what could have been an unappreciated opportunity for creativity into a story that twists and turns your brain into directions that are refreshingly spontaneous and unpredictable. It reads the way jazz sounds- with no lack of variety.

    ReplyDelete